Prof. Sathish Srinivasan MBBS, FRCSEd, FRCOphth, FACS
Founder and Medical Director, Ayrshire Eye Clinic
2012 to date: Founder and Medical Director, Ayrshire Eye Clinic
2018 to date: Professor of Health and Life Sciences, University of West of Scotland
2008 to date: Consultant Cataract & Corneal Surgeon, University Hospital Ayr, NHS Ayrshire and Arran
Medical School: Chennai Medical College, Chennai India. Graduated in 1995 with Honors Degree.
Aravind Eye Care System, Madurai, India (1995 -1998)
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, University of Aberdeen (1998 -2000)
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital (2000 – 2002), Glasgow
St. Paul’s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital (2002 -2005)
Fellowship Training: Cornea, Anterior Segment & Refractive Surgery, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada (2005 – 2007)
Prof. Srinivasan Story ….
After completing his medical school and initial Ophthalmology training in India, Prof. Srinivasan relocated to UK in 1998. Following his initial Ophthalmology training in Scotland, he underwent higher surgical training at St. Pauls Eye Unit in Liverpool and went over to Toronto, Canada to complete a two-year advanced fellowship training in the field of Cornea and Refractive Surgery. He was appointed as a Consultant Corneal and Cataract surgeon at University Hospital Ayr in 2008. In 2012 he set up the first, independent private eye clinic in Scotland which has recently relocated to a brand new premises with state of the art operating facility. Prof. Srinivasan is actively involved in clinical research has published over 110 articles in peer reviewed scientific journals and travels regularly to deliver lectures in various international meetings.
He is a well-respected key opinion leader in the field of cataract and corneal surgery. In recognition of his work he has been awarded the International Education Award and Senior Achievement Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He currently serves on on the scientific committees of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. He is the President Elect of the UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
Over the years, Ayrshire Eye Clinic has developed a reputation for providing excellent, personalized, consultant led care for patients from across Scotland.
Professional Memberships, Societies and Committees
Fellow - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Fellow - Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Fellow – American Academy of Ophthalmology
Fellow – American College of Surgeons
Fellow – International Intraocular Implant Club
President Elect - UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (Nov 2020 to Nov 2022)
Council member – UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (2014 to date)
Committee member – Cataract Committee, American Academy of Ophthalmology (2017 to date)
Committee member – Publications Committee, European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (2016 to date)
2015 to date: Associate Editor, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
2010 to date: International Advisory Board Member, Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology
2008 to date: Scientific reviewer for Cornea Journal
2008 to date: Scientific reviewer for British Journal of Ophthalmology
2012 to date: Scientific reviewer for Ophthalmology
2012 to date: Scientific reviewer for American Journal of Ophthalmology
2018: Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2011: International Scholar Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2010: Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2009: International Ophthalmologist Education Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
2004: Pfizer Ophthalmic grant, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
2003: Dorey Bequest Travel Award, Royal College of Ophthalmologists
1993: Thambiah Memorial Gold Medal in Dermatology, Chennai Medical College, India
1992: Rukmani Memorial Gold Medal in Ophthalmology, Chennai Medical College, India
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Glasgow
1. Srinivasan S. Bio films and post-surgical ocular inflammation. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2020;46:331-332
2. Srinivasan S. Phakic intraocular lenses: lessons learnt. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2019;45:1529-1530
3. Srinivasan S. Feeling better and healing faster. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2019;45;897-898
4. Srinivasan S. In the bag intraocular lens dislocation: A ticking time bomb. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2019;45:259- 260
5. Srinivasan S, Khoo KW, Koshy Z. Posterior segment visualisation in eyes with small aperture intraocular lens. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2019;35:538 – 542
6. Srinivasan S, Scharioth et al. Implantation of Scharioth macula lens in patients with age related macular degeneration: Results of a prospective European multicentre clinical trial. British Medical Journal Open Ophthalmology 2019 Jul 7;4:e000322. doi: 10.1136/bmjophth-2019-000322
7. Gyory J, Madar E, Srinivasan S. Implantation of a diffractive refractive trifocal intraocular lens with centralised diffractive rings: A two- year prospective study. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2019;45:639-646
8. Kiire C, Stewart R, Srinivasan S, Heimann H, Kaye SB, Dhillon B. A prospective study on the incidence, associations and outcomes of ocular surface squamous neoplasia in the United Kingdom. Eye 2019;33:283-294
9. Barnett V, Barsam A, Than J, Srinivasan S. Small aperture intraocular lens combined with secondary piggyback intraocular lens during cataract surgery in a patient with previous radial keratotomy. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2018;37:1175-1177.
10. Khoo LW, Azzts M, Srinivasan S, Roberts F. Limbal stem cell deficiency secondary to diffuse non-necrotizing anterior scleritis: A clinicopathological report. Cornea. 2018;37:1175 -1177.
11. Khoo LW, Srinivasan S, Koshy Z. A case of inadvertent intralenticular dexamethasone implantation. Ophthalmology Retina 2018;2:493
12. Srinivasan S. Intraocular lens opacification: What have we learnt so far. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2018;44:1301- 1302
13. Srinivasan S. Small aperture intraocular lenses: The new kids on the block. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2018;44:927 -928
14. Srinivasan S. Intracameral mydriatics during cataract surgery. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2018;44:257 -258